Follow me to install Panto on usb!
note:For this tutorial you will need a usb over 24 gigabytes or a DVD 8 gigabyte.
if you are using ubuntu open a terminal and type:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cybersec/panto-packages
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pantostick
- Open the application usb stick formatter and format your usb to fat32 .
- Now open usb image writter select your iso ,select your usb and hit write.
- Change the boot order to boot with your usb.
- Reboot to boot your usb.
if you are using debian folllow the same tutorial!
To install Panto from windows installation follow me:
- install Rufus
- open it go towards the bottom right of the app and select the little disc icon,select your iso… right beside the little disc icon to the left is a selection button make sure you choose DD Image.
- Burn your DVD.
- Reboot to boot to your usb/dvd. tutorial by Devinski S Inquest (Cyber sec Developer)
or use Win32 Disk Imager.
- Download Win32 Disk Imager.
- Open the application and select your iso.
- Select your usb and install panto on usb.
- Change the boot order to
- Reboot to boot to your usb.
Or just buy a dvd 8 gigs and follow this tutorial:
- you will need a DVD over 9 GB
- 2.Burn your iso to DVD to a speed of 3x or 4x .
- Change the boot order to cdrom
- Reboot to boot to your dvd.
Only for Panto Full version
If you have downloaded Panto Linux Full version you get with your iso a tar file
called Cyber-sec.tar.gz to install the tools you need first to install Panto Linux then install the tar file by extracting the content to /opt/
to do that just open a terminal locate the tar file and execute this command :
tar zxf Cyber-Sec.tar.gz -C /opt/Cyber-sec
Panto linux default username and password!
Default username for panto: root
Default password for panto: panto
Errors and Fixes
This distribution is a over 20 gigabytes operating system and it needs more ram then usual!
If you get this error durring the boot Error booting USB: not enough memory to load specified image
try to install panto with different ways on usb , one way is to give it some space with persistence another way is to use the DVD installation.
If all options failed for you , then disconnect any usb you have connected during the boot and reconnect it if you are within panto linux!
After the installation fixes!
If for some reason you install your panto linux os and you login and see somethink like this:
a empty desktop with no wallpaper no windows manager to close windows no nothing don’t panic,
this is a promplem from the tool we have used to remaster the
Panto linux os. Here is the fix open your menu>panto>panto-extras>panto-fixes>compiz
and run it to fix first compiz then just right clik on your desktop and select desktop locate the folder /usr/share/xfce4/backdrops
open it and tada there it is you have the official panto hd wallpapers!
Good luck!!Enjoy your new distribution!